The Smart Work Company Ltd provides two categories of services:
- Practical learning experiences
Do you …
- know, or suspect, that there are better ways of doing things at work?
- realise that existing skills and capabilities might be inadequate for a digitally-connected future of work?
- either already have a work project in mind, or are willing to find one that will make a difference – to you, your colleagues, and your company’s customers?
Are you …
- prepared to get involved in changing how things are done?
- committed to taking self-directed charge of your professional development?
- prepared to integrate your professional development into the work you do?
- excited by the possibilities of being connected to and learning together with awesome people?
You might be a Finance Director, HR Director, IT Director, Marketing Director, Facilities Director, Chief Executive, Operations Director – someone with strategic responsibilities.
You might also be someone with operational responsibilities.
Your work is becoming more technically and socially complex – you are working under time and budgetary constraints. You have to collaborate with people across different functions, and across organisations.
We offer open and in-company workshops on a range of themes around:
- how work is changing
- how developments are affecting ability to create value for customers
- what can be done about it.
Using the checklists, scorecards, and frameworks in the Smart Work Scanner:
- scan what’s happening outside the company
- scan current performance systems inside the company
- see what people think of their own current skills and capabilities
This creates a baseline for follow-on action. Where are the gaps? What needs to change? Why? How?
At the end of the workshops, people will have identified and prioritised practical things to do.
The second category of services we offer are 10-week long Tiny Triumph Experiments. These are facilitated in-company (with elements of online), or in open programmes.
The open programmes are in development. They will be delivered and supported online, using Noddlepod, a technology for learning together, plus the tools from the Smart Work Toolkit.
An experienced facilitator will join the group, acting as provocateur, sounding-board, connector, and curator.
Benefits of workshops
- time out to think
- inspiration from peers
- new ideas and things to try
- personal development
- expand personal networks.
Benefits of learning experiences
- new perspectives from peers in different sectors, functions, and knowledge disciplines
- learn how to apply new knowledge
- build emotionally supportive relationships with peers
- develop future-focused skills.
By instigating something new or different, you benefit through
- satisfaction of achieving
- enhanced reputation
- developing leadership skills
The business benefits by
- tapping into the phenomenal power of connected people within (and beyond) the organisation
- having performance systems that are actively shaped through the knowledge and experience of people who use them.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further information.